T-Logic Monitoring for SOA (TMON)
TMON is an integration log handler tool, that is used for monitoring the status of the business functions and processes, as well as the related subprocesses and components in real time. Real time monitoring and immediate reponses lead to fewer and shorter downtimes, more stable IT systems and eventually business continuity. The solution is applicable in EAI and SOA environments as well.
Technology with business in mind: Is the business centric technology an utopia? With our products and solutions we intend to prove that it does not need to be so! Would you like to know if your business processes or transactions run smoothly or if there is an error which subsystem caused that? In this article, which targets both IT and business experts, we briefly and understandably introduce one of our most important solutions, T−Logic Monitoring for SOA, which we developed exactly for answering the questions above.
Click here and download the detailed product brochure.
The proper running of the IT centered business processes is critical for every company because these processes make the backbone of it. If we do not know exactly the status of the processes, in case problems occur we will not be able to intervene exactly where it is needed. This might lead to downtimes, which eventually might lead to losing business.
In IT systems, that are made up by many components (e.g. in a Service Oriented Architecture environment) the problem is even more critical, since the processes may span multiple subsystems and they may be connected in a complex and multileveled fashion. If we intend to intervene into the process, we need to know among others:
- where, in which components is our process running currently?
- how much time does the process spend in a subsystem?
- where does it run into error?
The central journal logging concept of TMON provides us useful solutions in these situations. The essence of the concept is that the process components store certain information about the status of the process steps (e.g. enter, leave, fault, time) by using the logbuilder service of TMON. In addition, together with the messages, timestamps are also stored in the database so that we can analyze the cycle time of the Process steps. By using the TMON Viewer GUI we can display the database content in a hierarchical structure, in real time showing useful information about the processes, the process steps and the stored messages themselves.
- Journal logs are primarily useful for IT operations and helpdesk in providing information about the integration problems in production environments.
- During development TMON can be used for carrying out integration tests.
- For audit purposes and for making statistics to manager's reports, it is also appropriate to use.
TMON is in production at the following customers of T−Logic:
- CIB Bank Zrt. (Intesa San Paolo): mandatory for processes for journal logging in SOA environment, used by IT operations.
- Dresdner Bank AG (Frankfurt): almost ten years old installation. Used in seven European cities for monitoring the wire transfers transactions in real time.
- Magyarországi Volksbank Zrt.: in a newly built integration architecture currently used in functional and integration testing phases and planned to use in production environment too.
- Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.: used as a standard tool for monitoring the status of processes in an SOA environment for several years.
- Unique concept, which helps to get insight deeply into the processes.
- The quality of monitoring is determined by us with customizing the journal log data.
- It can be used for many purposes.
- It provides structured user interface with drill down functions.
- It is a proven solution.
Usage of TMON
For further details about the product see our TMON Whitepaper.